List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: another arts problem
From:       Stefan Westerfeld <stefan () space ! twc ! de>
Date:       2000-03-01 13:24:00

   Hi!

On Mon, Feb 28, 2000 at 11:52:08PM +0100, Stefan Westerfeld wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 25, 2000 at 02:34:02PM +0100, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > I really wonder when even Stefan will believe in the problems of STL ;)
> > /home/kulow/prod/kdelibs/arts/flow/stereofftscope_impl.cc:81: sorry, not
> > implemented: object size exceeds normal limit for virtual function table
> > implementation, recompile all source and use -fhuge-objects

I could reproduce the problem now on some university machine, and found a
simple fix - its in the CVS now. Let me know if it doesn't work for you.

It was neither STL nor the MCOP inheritance structure to blame. Rather,
declaring large amounts of data in conjunction with virtual inheritance
seems to be the problem. Things like

class Foo: virtual public Bar {
public:
	float x[100000];
};

will fail, while declaring this as float *x, and using new will work.

   Cu... Stefan