List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: RE: konqy issues (22.02.2000)
From:       aleXXX <alexander.neundorf () rz ! tu-ilmenau ! de>
Date:       2000-02-29 10:19:02

On Die, 29 Feb 2000, David Faure wrote:
> > No, only the views in the "sibling" of the current one.
> >
> > --------------
> > |  A   |  B  |
> > --------------
> > |      C     |
> > --------------
> >
> > If you are in "A", close sibling ("B")
> > if you are in "C", close siblings ("A" and "B").
> > I.e. make the current view double as big as it is currently.
>
> Much too complex IMHO.

It would be the exact opposite function of splitting a view.

> > > Actually I remember that we were thinking about using the draggable frame
> > > stuff from KControl -> dragging out a view creates a new toplevel window
> > > with only that view.
> > > But meanwhile adding an action "Open view in new window" sounds easy to
> > > implement :)
> > And a shortcut is also much quicker to use
> So you don't like the idea of dragging out views, kcontrol-like ?

Yes, personally I don't like it.
You have to point exactly to the part where you can drag, click, hold the
button down, drag and suddenly after a not predictable (except from
experience) distance it becomes an own window.
I personally use it only for rearranging the bars in konqy (location at the
bottom, tools at the left) and to show people "See what I can do".

Bye
Alex
--
If they say it's necessary to be disciplined and trained
To transform their new ideas into history and pain