List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    RE: konqy issues (22.02.2000)
From:       aleXXX <alexander.neundorf () rz ! tu-ilmenau ! de>
Date:       2000-02-29 9:48:54

On Die, 29 Feb 2000, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, aleXXX wrote:
> > Would be nice to have a function "Close sibling view" (i.e. a function which
> > closes not the current avtice view, but all "siblings" of the active view).
>
> ..not sure I understand. A sibling of a view?
> YYou mean a method like: Kill *all* views except mine (the current active
> one) ?
No, only the views in the "sibling" of the current one.

--------------
|  A   |  B  |
--------------
|      C     |
--------------

If you are in "A", close sibling ("B")
if you are in "C", close siblings ("A" and "B").
I.e. make the current view double as big as it is currently.

> Sounds like a "help-my-konqueror-is-trashed-with-too-many-views-and-my-screen-is-too
> -small emergency button" :-)
>
> IMHO that'd be useful

Exactly. :-)

> > Would be nice to have a function "Open view in new window", i.e. not create a
> > cloned konqy with all views, but a konqy containing only the currently active
> > view.
>
> Oh, yes, that sounds useful!
>
> Actually I remember that we were thinking about using the draggable frame
> stuff from KControl -> dragging out a view creates a new toplevel window
> with only that view.
> But meanwhile adding an action "Open view in new window" sounds easy to
> implement :)
And a shortcut is also much quicker to use

Yesterday I tried for myself but since I am not so familiar with this
code and there were quite a lot of classes with not so many public functions I
had no success and thought it would be much easier for someone who knows the
code.

Reply to David:
Is there a lot of traffic on kfm-devel ?

My textview is not ready yet, I will update from cvs next week, then adopt it
to the changes and then commit.

And a last question (I feel so stupid :-(  )
how do I rebuild konqueror correctly. i.e.
what do I have to do that the moc-files and the dcop-files are removed and
regenerated ?
And another stupid question, how do I create a Makefile from a Makefile.in in
only a single directory ? I didn't manage to have configure only work in one
directory. I ended up doing make -f Makefile.cvs; ./configure :-(
This takes quite some time on my system (although I actually don't consider it
a slow one).

Bye
Alex
--
If they say it's necessary to be disciplined and trained
To transform their new ideas into history and pain