List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    RE: konqy issues (22.02.2000)
From:       aleXXX <alexander.neundorf () rz ! tu-ilmenau ! de>
Date:       2000-02-29 9:20:41

Hi,

some more thoughts on konqueror, still from 22.02.2000:

While working on a text-only view for konqy I had to add a friend-declaration
(correct term ? ) of my class in konq_props.h (not sure if this is the exact
filename). I had to do this because the members of KonqProps are protected and
there are no access-functions.
Is there a reason for this ?
Would be good to have, then views could be written without changing a single
line in konqy. (users could write a doom-like view, where your files are
monsters and you kill them if you want to delete them or whatever views) :-)

Bug: if I have konqy in my textview (or treeview), click on a file, the file is
displayed, click the up-button, the view changes to iconview (instead of the
formely active view-mode).

Would be nice to have a function "Close sibling view" (i.e. a function which
closes not the current avtice view, but all "siblings" of the active view).

Would be nice to have a function "Open view in new window", i.e. not create a
cloned konqy with all views, but a konqy containing only the currently active
view.

Both functions would increase usability especially with small screens.

I was really impressed how easy it is to create a new view-mode  and how little
has to be changed in konqy therefor (just the one line mentioned above).
I also tried to add a "Close sibling"-like thing (close(chooseNextView()), gave
not the expected result), and was also impressed how easy this was to add the
the action-stuff :-)

Bye
Alex
--
If they say it's necessary to be disciplined and trained
To transform their new ideas into history and pain