List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Open Recent... class ?
From:       Cristian Tibirna <ctibirna () total ! net>
Date:       2000-02-29 1:28:54

Hi

Errr... How about combining this absolutely essential feature with the
other (global, this time) feature that Mosfet implemented in the old
kfiledialog (or?) and is used by kicker?

I mean, this will simplify the code a whole lot deal. And the mechanism
will be unique among apps. Also, the needed persistent info will be stored
only once, in the global repository that Mosfet implemented (maybe moved
at a global level, not under kicker's appdir, where is now).

In contrast with the global mechanism, a specific app will just have to
filter the contents of the "open recently" global repository directory for
.desktop files whose mimetype it understands.

Now back in PTW mode. (note: PTW = (painful) thesis writing)

Cristian Tibirna