List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Another cvs question
From:       Nicolas Brodu <nicolas.brodu () free ! fr>
Date:       2000-02-28 23:27:55

David Faure wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 28, 2000 at 11:04:07PM +0000, Nicolas Brodu wrote:
> > cvs add smb.cc gives me this message:
> >
> > cvs server: smb.cc added independently by second party
> >
> > And I cannot add it. I tried to check out a clean version, but
> > this doesn't help either.
>
> Hmmm.... Can you remove it (with -f) ?

Nop, it gives me:
cvs server: nothing known about `smb.cc'

Found it!!!
In fact, the file was deleted but another file with the same
name was present. Though checkout didn't work, an update in
the current directory brought the file back from wherever
lower plane it was hanging in. Then just overwrite it and
commit.

Thanks for your help,
Nicolas
--
A shortcut is the longest distance between two points. (unknown author)