List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: iconview bug or feature ? (was: RE: konqy issues (22.02.2000))
From:       Reginald Stadlbauer <reggie () troll ! no>
Date:       2000-02-28 13:06:42

On Mon, 28 Feb 2000, aleXXX wrote:
> On Die, 29 Feb 2000, Reginald Stadlbauer wrote:
> > On Mon, 28 Feb 2000, aleXXX wrote:
> > > Ahh, ok.
> > > Is it intended that the icons are selected if I enter them using
> > > shift+arrow and not when I leave them using shift+arrow ?
> > > Example:
> > > I have files: A B C D E,
> > > keyboard focus is on "B". I press shift+right, keyboard focus goes to
> > > "C", "C" is selected, "B" stays unselected.
> > > (qt-copy from 22.02.2000)
> >
> > Yes, that's how it should work. Space toggles selection of the current
> > item.
>
> Hmm, maybe it's only me but to me it's a bit strange to use.
> Let's say I have files: A B C D E F G H
> If I want to select C, D, E, and F  I have to go to B and start selecting
> from there ?
>
> Or let's say I just selected B, C, D, E, F, G and H and now I want to
> deselect G and H. I selected them using shift+right and now keyboard focus
> is on H. Now if I press shift+left twice, H stays selected, keyboard focus
> is on F, and F and G are deselected.

Using Space and then Shift+Cursor you can do that.

> Both cases seem to me not very intuitive and different than everywhere
> else.

Well, more or less it works different everywhere I tried it now. At least
QListBox, QListView and QIconView work the same in this case :-)) I think the
way it's done in the Windows explorer is quite intuitive (which is not too
different from the way kfm did it, but a bit better IMO). So I'll probably do
it like ie.

--
Reggie (reggie@troll.no)