List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Porting libsearch and Caitoo to new KIO
From:       coolo () kde ! org
Date:       2000-02-27 15:07:51

Matt Koss wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Feb 2000, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> >
> >me? I just added a comment Taj made :)
> >As a mater of fact, the progress infos come out of the library only.
> >I don't want to see progress related code in Job except the signals.
> >I would rather like to have class that can connect to all job signals
> >itself. This class in return would send it's infos to the GUI-server by
> >default. But caitoo and konqueror could also provide this class on it's
> >own. libkio should have only the default IMO.
> >But you know best what signals you need, so I would start with adding
> >the
> >signals to job.
> >

> So the idea is to add signals to the job classes again ?
Sure, they are the ones that know. I guess, you'll have to decide
which infos the slave has to provide (should be very few) and clean
up the slaveinterface then.

> Any hint about where should I put the emitting of these signals ?
> CopyJob::slotEntries() or ?
Depends on what you want to show I guess

Greetings, Stephan

--
It said Windows 95 or better, so in theory Linux should run it
                                                GeorgeH on /.