List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Images vs. Pixmap in Koolpaint (was Re: What do you consider more
From:       mosfet <mosfet () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-02-27 14:38:31

Hi all,

As you may recall I asked for some input about using pixmaps vs images
in my new paint program for kdegraphics. After doing some experimenting
I decided to go with using images and supporting antialiasing for all
the primatives in KoolPaint. They just look *so* much better, it makes
up for being less efficent :-)

In order to demonstrate what I found I put up some screenshots of AA vs.
non-AA at:

http://www.mosfet.org/koolpaint/

Note I'm in the process of rewriting things and the screenshots are
rather lame :P

http://www.mosfet.org - The place for KDE development news.
mosfet@mandrakesoft.com
mosfet@kde.org