List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Porting libsearch and Caitoo to new KIO
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-02-27 12:06:23

Matt Koss wrote:

> >I like the idea of a "progress-info-server"  ... but I think we have
> >to provide ALSO the usual way of emitting progress info, for caitoo,
> >konqueror's progress bar, ... and other apps that want detailed reports.
> >Any other app using Job or NetAccess to simply download/upload should
> >rely on the server to display the progress information.
>
> I agree.
>
> Coolo, Taj ?

me? I just added a comment Taj made :)
As a mater of fact, the progress infos come out of the library only.
I don't want to see progress related code in Job except the signals.
I would rather like to have class that can connect to all job signals
itself. This class in return would send it's infos to the GUI-server by
default. But caitoo and konqueror could also provide this class on it's
own. libkio should have only the default IMO.
But you know best what signals you need, so I would start with adding
the
signals to job.

Greetings, Stephan

--
It said Windows 95 or better, so in theory Linux should run it
                                                GeorgeH on /.