List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Porting libsearch and Caitoo to new KIO
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-02-26 11:55:40

On Sat, Feb 26, 2000 at 10:53:37AM +0100, Matt Koss wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Feb 2000, Michael Koch wrote:
> >>
> >> Also how do I get a progress-info signals ?
> >> I can't seem to find them in jobclasses.h
> >
> >progress info signals are not implemented yet. David waited for you to do this.
> >  ;-)
>
> That's good to hear :-)
> I am not saying that I won't help, but I should at least know about that :-)
> David ?

Coolo and Taj have a better picture on this.

> What's the actual idea about this ? I read something about a separate progess
> info handler.

See kio/DESIGN for the ramblings about progress info...

> Without progress info I won't even start porting Caitoo, 'cause I would need to
> comment out half of the code :-)

Yup, that's also why nobody else ported it ;-)))

I like the idea of a "progress-info-server"  ... but I think we have
to provide ALSO the usual way of emitting progress info, for caitoo,
konqueror's progress bar, ... and other apps that want detailed reports.
Any other app using Job or NetAccess to simply download/upload should
rely on the server to display the progress information.

--
David FAURE
david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org