List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: X AA Font extension (was Re: What do you consider more important? (graphics))
From:       Keith Packard <keithp () suse ! com>
Date:       2000-02-26 0:34:15

> I think I can assist. An alpha blending server-side API is something I
> have been discussing with some other developers for quite some time. At
> least I can get it working with Qt so it will start out supported by
> lots of apps, but should be able to help contribute as well. I'll update
> this weekend and poke around.

If you could get something written down in the next couple of weeks, I can
merge that with information I expect to get at Guadec on what the GTK
folks want.

I expect little essential controversy for alpha blending, another good
reason for doing it first.

One idea is to support only embeded alpha channels in 32-bit images.  That
would reduce the complexity of the extension quite a bit.

-keith