List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kdebug
From:       "Dirk A. Mueller" <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-02-09 21:16:24

On Mit, 09 Feb 2000, Rik Hemsley wrote:

> Dunno, that's probably wouldn't help either. I don't think C++'s
> enum system is that good.

right. besides I don't see a reason for debugError (if its an error, it is
no debug message any more) and debugWarning (same reason), the simplest
solution would be probably different streams for those types, like:

kdebug << "this is a debug message" << endl;
kdebugWarning << "this is a warning" << endl;
kdebugError << "this is an error!" << endl;

This also has the advantage that you can actually output them in different
places (like kdebug to console and the other two as a Messagebox to the
user).

> 285. Find beauty in the breakdown.

There's a pattern everywhere, right? :-)

Dirk