List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: yet another nana strangeness
From:       Mirko Sucker <mirko.sucker () unibw-hamburg ! de>
Date:       2000-02-08 22:29:34

David Faure wrote:

> (does strangeness exist ? anyway).
>
> nana installs an executable called nanafilter in $KDEDIR/libexec/
>
> AFAIK, KDE didn't use to have such a directory under KDEDIR.
> And this is not in the path anyway (is it started by libnana ?)
> -> it should be removed, or moved, I think.
Apart that this seems to be a problem of integrating nana, I want to
state:
If I am the only real user of Nana, let us remove it from kdelibs.
I still think we need much more powerfull debugging support. But then,
let us create a debugging library using strait ANSI C++. This ostream
derivate sounds good to me (see my other mail of today), but I do not
know if it is easy to do. The other thing I think of and will go to test
it is a base class derived in our classes that provides those
invariants. Hm. Lets see.
A debugging library has the benefit that by not linking it to final
code, we see if there is some debugging garbage left in it. And
kDebugWarning and kDebugError should possibly be renamed to
WarningMessage and ErrorMessage, since debugging code must not be in
final builds :-)

Greetings,
--Mirko.
--
Denn der  Mensch  liebt und ehrt den  Menschen,  solange er ihn
nicht zu beurteilen vermag, und die Sehnsucht ist ein Erzeugnis