I think that KSelectAction is not appropriate for the openRecent menu (KSelectAction is returned by KStdAction::openRecent()) because it puts a check mark next to the name of the file that has been selected. I propose we add an action that displays itself in a menu entry (like File->Open Recent) or right on the menubar (like the Go or Bookmarks menus -- maybe) displays itself in a tool bar as a button with a pull-down menu It could be called KListAction (or something better than that ;) How does this sound? I could cobble together code from Konqueror (which has its own action like this) to make the KListAction and put it in CVS, but I'd like to hear comments from people who know better. Dave