List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: qxembed
From:       "Dirk A. Mueller" <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-02-07 9:22:56

On Son, 06 Feb 2000, Stephan Kulow wrote:

> hmm, any time frame? The snapshot we're using has some ugly problems
> and I would like to switch, but every I tried had problems ;(

Well, we can switch anyway. If you remove kdeui/qxembed.cpp/.h which
needs to be done anyway and comment
out three lines of code in kicker and kcontrol, everything else compiles
fine. kicker is still usable, only the external applets are gone.

ah, and in koffice/lib/kofficeui the experimental QLineDialog is used. But
that one is renamed to QInputDialog.

Any comments? Any arguments against _not_ switching to newer Qt ? There'll
be a Qt 2.1 beta soon, and before that one is out, we should hammer on it
first IMHO.

Dirk