List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KAboutData and app name
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-01-29 18:56:30

On Sat, Jan 29, 2000 at 06:28:23PM +0100, Harri Porten wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I just debugged the kppp problem David reported (config file couldn't be
> read when started from a kicker button).
>
> Seems like the recent KAboutData are responsible for this. Instead of
> the real application name argv[0] is being passed to KApplication. This
> causes some problems when absolute paths (or the temporary libtool
> versions) are used.

This is wrong indeed.
We decided to show argv[0] in --help because that's how the program
should be invoked. But that should be it. argv[0] shouldn't be used
as the program name.

> "charles": better check if you replaced "{name}" with argv[0] in other
> places
Ahhh You mean there was argv[0] in the KAboutData's constructor ?
This is wrong indeed.

>  as well and add yourself to kde-common/accounts, please. This is
> often helpful in cases such as this.
charles         Charles Samuels         charles@altair.dhs.org
He's there !
Every time I create an account I add a line to kde-common/accounts !

Thanks for having fixed the problem.
David.

--
David FAURE