List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: short-lived modeless dialogs (Re: modeless KFileDialog)
From:       "Dirk A. Mueller" <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-01-27 14:13:02

On Fre, 28 Jan 2000, Sirtaj Singh Kang wrote:

> 1. The dialog does not access any of its internal variables or
> functions after the done signal is emitted (ie it doesn't care any
> more that this is pointing to a deleted object).

The "right" thing would be imho incorporating QGuardedPtr, so that any
pointer to that dialog is automatically invalidated.

Well, I tried once something like

  QGuardedPtr<FancyDlg> pointer;

  pointer = new FancyDlg(parent, name);

the FancyDlg is modeless and gets somewhen closed. in the hideEvent() of
that Dlg I wrote "close(true)". This destructs it.

However the QGuardedPtr didn't notice the destruction. So something must
gone wrong (anybody a clue?).

However if we could get that somehow to work, it would be great.

Dirk