List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Possible Feature.
From:       Mosfet <mosfet () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-01-26 21:58:19

Roberto Alsina wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Jan 2000, Mosfet wrote:
>
> Gee this discussion is verbose :-)

I guess that is what snipping is for ;-)

> > Roberto Alsina wrote:

..big ole snip...

> > I don't have particularly strong opinions on it myself ;-) Where I am
> > coming from is I think it would be cool if on large displays you can
> > "dock" a toolbar into the mac menubar. KLaunchPad had a mode like where
> > it could display it's buttons in tiny mode on the right of the menubar.
> > But our toolbars are too big for that.
>
> Yes, they are, and it's a pity.
> Of course we could attach them to the bottom of the global menubar, but I
> don't see what that would buy us.

Me neither.

...big ole snip...

> > Sure :) That way you can see when a long operation has finished on
> > another desk.
>
> Sounds useful. Although there is a problem about important rare messages
> being quickly deleted by unimportant but frecuent ones.

True, a more complex mechanism would have to be made (transparent log
window ;-)? Stefan probably is right and KNotify might be a good place
to start from, although I think it should be integrated with the
statusbar.

Nonetheless this isn't a core feature and there is still a lot to do :P
I myself am working on getting some cool new kdegraphics stuff finished
up and there is still a lot to do with Kicker, various KControl modules,
and KWin. If any of you are interested in working on any of these please
speak up - they need love and care and I am a bad father and am hacking
all sorts of various misc fun cruft ;-)

http://www.mosfet.org - The place for KDE development news.
mosfet@mandrakesoft.com
mosfet@kde.org