List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Licensing alternative
From:       Nicolas Brodu <nicolas.brodu () free ! fr>
Date:       2000-01-26 18:26:42

Kurt Granroth wrote:

> Uwe Thiem wrote:
> > > I object.
> >
> > Me too.
>
> And again.. Why?

For my part, because this is going in the direction of those who think there is
a problem regarding QPL and GPL. Adding a line, even to say "In order to clarify
things, we hereby explicitely give permission to link to QPL code, even if there
is no need for it", is mentioning this after (before) all political only
problem. Much better is to say nothing, not go in this direction, and let
those who don't want to link my code not use it. After all, they hopefully have
other good alternatives/solutions/choices.

Just my 2 cents...

Regards,
Nicolas
--
A shortcut is the longest distance between two points. (unknown author)