On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, Waldo Bastian wrote: > On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, Stephan Kulow wrote: > > > > Does Lars has an idea how to implement this? I can imaging two > > > ways: * Queue requests without actually starting them before all > > > higher priority requests have been finished. (This is easy) > > > * Throttle, e.g. tell an IO-slave not to receive any data or to > > > receive not more than XX bytes/sec. (This sounds difficult) I just thought of queueing them. So you just have to sort your queue by priority. Shouldn't be too hard IMO. > > Yes, we queue them and start a timer to actually schedule them. If we > > start, we know how many jobs we have to work on, how many connections > > we can open at the same time and which priorities we have to care of. > > This should be quite copy&paste from a SMP unix kernel ;-) > > I suggest to default to use 1 slave per host/protocol until the slave > indicates that a higher number of connections are allowed in paralel. Hmmm... for http, 2 connections at the same time are explicitly allowed, and needed in case of html pages, since one should start downloading style sheets as soon as possible (_while_ the main page is still loading). Without having downloaded all style sheets, khtml can't start rendering, so they should arrive as fast as possible. Cheers, Lars