List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: empath
From:       Holger Schurig <holger () holger ! om ! org>
Date:       2000-01-10 18:39:39

> Nonsense. The point is : if the list of toplevel modules changes,
> it's a nightmare to administrate. Each maintainer of a cvsup mirror
> needs to do manual intervention.

I can see your point.

Except when inside CVSUP is the cvsup config file itself. Then admins
have the freedom (no one is forced) to use this file when they mirror
the CVS.

I personally would like more individual modules. There is no way for
someone using CVSUP to just get one program (e.g. ksirc). Instead,
you have to take all kdenetwork programs. If we would have more single
modules, then it is more likely that the mega-RPMs and the mega-CVSUP
actions won't be necessary.

But then again: never change a running horse ...

--
Holger Schurig  |  Für die, die verlorengehen, muß die Botschaft vom
Renzstr. 31     |  Kreuzestod als barer Unsinn erscheinen.  Wir aber