List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: seeking advice on KDialogBase and KFileWidget
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! TU-Berlin ! DE>
Date:       2000-01-11 12:11:58

On Tue, Jan 11, 2000 at 11:37:40AM +0100, Stephan Kulow wrote:

Hiya,

> > I'm trying to create a tabbed dialog from KDialogBase
> > which will contain a KFileWidget to allow the user to select a
> > bunch of files and also check some checkboxes, but the API
> > doesn't seem to let me do this (at least not in an obvious way).

Speaking of KFileWidget... that was supposed to be a convenience-widget
for exact that purpose you're going to use it; but... some days later,
KDirOperator changed a lot and actually does everything (I think) that
KFileWidget does. Just the name doesn't tell you that ;)
Coolo: should we make KFileWidget inherit KDirOperator and add some stuff
there, or should KFileWidget die and KDirOperator do everything? I'm not
sure on this one.
I still have to try that stuff when porting KuickShow, but I have no time
at the moment ;(

Cheers,
Carsten Pfeiffer
--