List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    KAboutData / KCmdLineArgs
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () suse ! de>
Date:       2000-01-09 23:20:40

Hiya,

I have updated KAboutData / KCmdLineArgs.

KAboutData now takes 'const char*' pointers instead of QStrings and
translates (some of) the strings when you query them, not when you set
them.

KCmdLineArgs can now take a pointer to a KAboutData object as well.
The init() function automatically calls
KApplication::addCmdLineOptions() so you do not have to worry about
Qt/KApplication options any longer. If you don't want these options you
can tell init not to do this.

A typical KDE application now looks like:

static KCmdLineOptions options[] =
{
  { "silent",	I18N_NOOP("Start without a default window."), 0 },
  { "+[URL]",	I18N_NOOP("Location to open."), 0 },
  { 0, 0, 0}
};

int main( int argc, char **argv )
{
  KAboutData aboutData( "konqueror", I18N_NOOP("Konqueror"),
                        KONQUEROR_VERSION,
                        I18N_NOOP("Web browser, file manager, ..."),
                        KAboutData::GPL,
                        "(c) 1999-2000, The Konqueror developers" );

  KCmdLineArgs::init( argc, argv, &aboutData );

  KCmdLineArgs::addCmdLineOptions( options ); // Add our own options.

  KApplication app;
  KCmdLineArgs *args = KCmdLineArgs::parsedArgs();
  .... handle command line args...
  delete args;

  app.exec();

  return 0;