List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Single click, double click
From:       Reginald Stadlbauer <reggie () troll ! no>
Date:       2000-01-07 10:53:42

Hi!
Unfortunately single click support will not go into Qt now, but it's quite easy
now to do this in KDE anyway. Double click mode is no problem. For single all
classes (QIconView, QListBox and QListView) have the signals onViewport(),
onItem( Q<Wahtever>Item * ) and clicked(). So highlighting items and
changing the mouse cursor over items in single click mode can be easily done
using the onViewport() and onItem() signals. And instead of doubleClicked() one
should react now on clicked() in single click mode.

So, I suggest now that we make a KListBox, KListView and KIconView. In these
classes we do, if we are in signle click mode

connect( this, SIGNAL( clicked() ),
	this, SIGNAL( doubleCLicked() ) );

So the app only needs to be programmed to react on double clicks and no changes
in the apps need to be done in single clicks.

And also in these classes we react on onItem() and onViewport() in single
click mode to change the mouse cursor over items, etc.

So these classes will only have a few lines of code but make double click vs.
single clicks transparent for the application programmers.

Opinions, flames?

--
Reggie