List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: aKtion! [was: Re: empath]
From:       pbrown () redhat ! com
Date:       2000-01-05 19:19:08

On Wed, 5 Jan 2000, Robert Williams wrote:

> Kurt Granroth wrote:
>
> > Martin Konold wrote:
> > > I second this very much. In addition we should reopen the discussion about
> > > including other projects as well.
> >
> > Okay, I propose we import the updated aKtion! video player (now
> > embeddable in Konqueror!) into kdemultimedia.
> >

> Agreed.  Does aKtion require a special library, is it an interface to this
> library?  Should we include it also?  I am asking in case this library is not
> present will kdemultimedia not compile?  Sounds like some work for configure
> master ;-)

I'm not really happy with the way that KDE multimedia is shaping up for
KDE 2.0.  We discussed lots of advances at KDE II but none of them have
really occurred.

What's going on in this area?

---
  Preston Brown                                    Systems Engineer
  pbrown@redhat.com                                Red Hat, Inc.