List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: empath
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-01-05 15:16:53

#if Wilco Greven
> On Wed, Jan 05, 2000 at 12:52:41PM +0100, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > I guess that NOW would be a good moment to move empath from kdenonbeta
> > to kdenetwork.
>
> Maybe it can better be moved to pim, since empath will use the new
> addressbook.

This would be a better solution in one way at least:

The message parsing library ('librmm') is not tied to Empath and is
intended for re-use in other apps that need to handle Internet Mail
Messages (IMM).

I've had some discussions recently with the developer of another KDE
app that handles IMM and it looks like we'll be sharing this library.

The only change that would need to be made to librmm would be to
set the Makefile.am to generate a shared lib (instead of static) and
install it.

Is there a way to move Empath to pim, and move librmm out of empath/
into pim/ itself, without leaving a load of crap in the attic ?

Cheers,
Rik