List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: DnD in khexedit
From:       Reginald Stadlbauer <reggie () troll ! no>
Date:       2000-01-03 11:13:08

On Mon, 03 Jan 2000, Espen Sand wrote:
>I have tested the DnD of selected text in the editor. Currently I
>use the delayed method to start a drag (press down, wait 500ms,
>then start the drag by creating the drag object). However, I prefer
>the method where I start the drag only after I have moved the mouse
>a bit. I have tested that as well. Are there defined any values that
>tell how much the mouse should move before a DnD operation is
>started? I tried with 5 pixels but I feel that value is a bit small because
>I often end up with a DnD object when I just want to remove a
>selection (the delayed method is worse in this respect).
>
>1) Are there any mouse movement threshold values defined anywhere?
>If no, where should they be defined? Should these be configurable by
>the user? I think so.
>2) What is the preferred method (delayed or movement based)

As discussed yesterday there is KGlobal::dndEventDelay(). But according to a
discussion with some Troll people yesterday, I'll add a static member to
QApplication wich returns the value which should be used, so I don't know if
we need the KGlobal setting then anymore, or if the KGlobal setting should
just return the QApplication setting then.

--
Reggie