List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: libkonqueror? EH?
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-12-31 15:30:13

Alex Zepeda wrote:

> On Fri, 31 Dec 1999, Alex Zepeda wrote:
>
> > Ok I'm trying to sort this all out.  I can make the iconview work fine by
> > making libkonqueror a nothing library, and having konqueror link in all
> > the object files manually. This means that I need to create shared libs
> > for the views.  Which is fine.  However things like htmlview and textview
> > seem to need other libraries.  How is this supposed to work?  libtool
> > doesn't open any of the libraries that htmlview is actually dependant on..
> > you can't load a static library and i don't see anything where the views
> > would have been statically linked.  Ugh.  How is this supposed to work?
> > How does this manage to work for anyone at all?  What the hell am I
> > missing?
> >
> > And then what's up with libtool doing a bogus dlsym for various libtool
> > mangled symbols?  AHHH.  What a way to slow everything down.
>
> I forgot to mention that all this shared library stuff makes linktest
> fail.  Arg.

Do you get undefined references right from htmlview? In any case, you
seem
to mix libltdl and libtool as libtool doesn't do any dlsyms. In case you
have
real trouble (which seems to be true :), try to use -dlopen on the
generated
libraries while linking the executable. This should also work on
libraries,
but will only affect the generated .la file to make libtool do the real
-dlopen
while creating konqueror. Note that all of this is a bit tricky to do
portable
(and having possible static libs in mind - which we do not have, but
libtool
has support for that, which we used for kcontrol and koffice once)

Greetings, Stephan

--
It said Windows 95 or better, so in theory Linux should run it
                                                GeorgeH on /.