List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    libkonqueror? EH?
From:       Alex Zepeda <jazepeda () pacbell ! net>
Date:       1999-12-31 10:00:06

Ok I'm trying to sort this all out.  I can make the iconview work fine by
making libkonqueror a nothing library, and having konqueror link in all
the object files manually. This means that I need to create shared libs
for the views.  Which is fine.  However things like htmlview and textview
seem to need other libraries.  How is this supposed to work?  libtool
doesn't open any of the libraries that htmlview is actually dependant on..
you can't load a static library and i don't see anything where the views
would have been statically linked.  Ugh.  How is this supposed to work?
How does this manage to work for anyone at all?  What the hell am I
missing?

And then what's up with libtool doing a bogus dlsym for various libtool
mangled symbols?  AHHH.  What a way to slow everything down.

- alex

Experience something different
With our new imported dolly
She's lovely, warm, inflatable