List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: admin/ subdir
From:       Kurt Granroth <granroth () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-12-29 22:51:45

Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > One of two ways:
> >
> > 1) Currently, 'configure' looks in 'admin $(srcdir)/admin' for some
> >    files.  We could modify it to look in 'admin $(srcdir)/admin
> >    $(kdedir)/share/admin'
> >
> > or
> >
> > 2) Have 'configure' create a symbolic link from $KDEDIR/share/admin to
> >    $(srcdir)/admin FIRST and then carry on as normal.
>
> And what if the configure was created with another version of admin?

Well, if it was, then it either has it's own admin subdir OR it is a
custom-made configure that doesn't follow the KDE standard.

All I'm saying is that app packages that ARE created with the "new"
system would search in $KDEDIR/share/admin.  Current packages or
packages that don't want to follow that convention would work as they
currently do.
--
Kurt Granroth            | http://www.pobox.com/~kurt_granroth
           KDE -- Putting a Friendly Face on Unix