List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: knotes update - please read
From:       Espen Sand <espensa () online ! no>
Date:       1999-12-30 15:12:38

On Thu, 30 Dec 1999, Harri Porten wrote:
> Espen Sand wrote:
> >
> > I have a problem (copy of cvs message):
> >
> > Modal dialogs almost always cause an X error when closed. Can
> > you try this and see if you get the same. I use the qt-copy
> > of 1999-12-23. I think the problem has somthing to do with
> > the special wm usage (no std title bar etc). It happens both
> > in kwm and kwin. It happens only for modal dialog boxes. The
> > Configuration dialog box is modeless and is not affected.
> [...]
> > Then I always get this result:
> >
> > 1
> > 2
> > X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
> >   Major opcode:  20
>
> I had the same problem in kppp. Matthias E. advised me to simply remove
> the X Error handler Bernd used to put into his apps. In your case it is
> knotes_x_errhandler() in knotes.cpp. KApplication has its own handling
> routine.

Yes, this seems to kill the problem. I will remove the handlers
knotes_x_errhandler and knotes_xio_errhandler in a few minutes.

After removing the handlers I now sometimes get when opening a
dialog box:

KDE detected X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8
  Major opcode:  42

No more X error messages occur when I close the dialog box. Strange!

--
Espen Sand