List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    knotes update - please read
From:       Espen Sand <espensa () online ! no>
Date:       1999-12-30 14:00:47

Hi all!
First, so I don't forget it: Have a Happy New Year!

Ok, I have updated knotes (see message on cvs list):

1) Undo/Redo is implemented. Pretty simple :-)

2) I have redesigned dialogs to get rid of fixed sizes and
I have a problem (copy of cvs message):

Modal dialogs almost always cause an X error when closed. Can
you try this and see if you get the same. I use the qt-copy
of 1999-12-23. I think the problem has somthing to do with
the special wm usage (no std title bar etc). It happens both
in kwm and kwin. It happens only for modal dialog boxes. The
Configuration dialog box is modeless and is not affected.

Example - Alarm dialog box when closed:

X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  Major opcode:  20

I have debugged a bit and if I in KDialogBase::slotCancel()
do this:

void KDialogBase::slotCancel( void )
{
  puts("1");
  emit cancelClicked();
  puts("2");
  hide();
  puts("3");
  setResult( mMessageBoxMode == true ? Cancel : Rejected );
  //done( mMessageBoxMode == true ? Cancel : Rejected );
  puts("4");
}

Then I always get this result:

1