List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: admin/ subdir
From:       Kurt Granroth <granroth () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-12-29 20:57:34

Stephan Kulow wrote:
[snip]
> well, KDE libraries are libraries - while
> autoconf/automake/libtool/yacc/lex, etc are developer tools and
> requiring them for users is bad. And the other point is that if we
> require automake 1.4 and some other project requires automake 1.4a,
> you get in real trouble. This may work for KDE developers, but is
> certainly bad for anyone else who just wants to compile a single
> app.

Okay, but let's go back to the idea of just putting the admin/
directory in $KDEDIR/share/admin.  We *already* supply a standard
admin directory in all the sources (kde-common/admin) so the only
difference would be that it is in a standard place.

Since kdelibs already installs the header files, it can just as easily
install the admin files

Or not?
--
Kurt Granroth            | http://www.pobox.com/~kurt_granroth