Richard Moore wrote: > > Geert Jansen wrote: > > > > Mosfet wrote: > > > > > Yes, I did. In general I prefer QXEmbed as well but the applets need to > > > be able to dock and undock and thus need to be able to XReparentWindow > > > themselves several times. QXEmbed isn't good for this. Are you having > > > problems with the current code? > > > > Yes, there is one problem: DND on the docked windows doesn't work. The Qt > > embedding protocol does support this, but XReparentWindow doesn't. > > > > It should be possible to use QXEmbed for the docking, and XReparentWindow > > for undocking, giving both multiple reparenting and DND. > > Perhaps this is more an argument to extend QXEmbed? Can you explain > exactly what you need Mosfet? Already did, this message was only halfway through the thread ;-) > > BTW, I have been looking at QXEmbed again w.r.t. the java stuff, and I > think I might have been wrong about using it before QtAWT is done - it > might work after all. You will still lose most of its advantages though. > :-( > > My plan for this currently is to get the current code working then spend > a lot more time working on QtAWT. Many of the current difficulties would be > solved by this. The only problem is that it is a pain in the neck to write > and isn't made any easier by Java 2. > > Rich. > > > > > Greetings, > > -- > > Geert Jansen email: > > Phylosopher, Physicist PGP key ID: 0xD2B5E7CE > > -- > Richard Moore rich@ipso-facto.freeserve.co.uk > http://www.robocast.com/ richard@robocast.com > http://developer.kde.org/ rich@kde.org -- Daniel M. Duley - Unix developer & sys admin. mosfet@mandrakesoft.com mosfet@kde.org mosfet@jorsm.com