List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: toolbar icons
From:       "Beispielbenutzer SuSE Linux 6.2" <supas121 () astrophysik ! uni-kiel ! de>
Date:       1999-12-27 20:58:40

Kurt Granroth wrote:

> Torsten, one thing I forgot to ask: do you have a timeline (rough or
> otherwise) when the toolbar icons could be converted to 20x20?

I hope that we'll have

> icons/medium/locolor/toolbar
> icons/medium/hicolor/toolbar

and

> icons/large/hicolor/toolbar

ready by end of january for the standard-icons that come with kdebase.

Rik Hemsley wrote:

> > [...] The border around should measure 2 pixels on each side.
> Is there a good reason for this that I missed ? Why not paint to the edge ?

because it destroys the 3d-effect of the buttons and it looks ugly. For
the
same reason there's already left a similar space on the kpanel-buttons
e.g..

> Ok, but is it a good idea to saturate all toolbar icons with a single
> shade ? Whatever colour you choose, you'll clash with someone's colour
> scheme. I vote for good old grey. (BTW, my house is decorated in various
> shades of grey :)

Good point. I didn't mean to shade *all* toolbar-icons in blue/violett
--
just some of them (showing arrows e.g.). If it clashes too much we can
still desaturate them.

> IMO think the Corel icons look like they were drawn in someone's
> lunch break. I hope you're talking about the monotone look rather than
> the technical excellence ;)

If lunch breaks at Corel Corp. are long enough to paint such icons then
Corel would be one of the favourite companies I'd like to work for ...
;^)

> > [...] 2) greying out/ desaturate the toolbar-icons on mouse-out. This would
> > have to be done by the programmer as providing two different pixmaps would
> > be too much work for the artists in an OpenSource-project. [...]
> Um, 'convert' from ImageMagick will make greyscale versions of all icons
> in 1 minute :) But there's little point in doing it when desaturating
> them via code is so fast and we save a lot of storage space.

exactly!

Torsten^H^H^H^HTackat

kde-artist-team