List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    KProgress::setFormat()
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-12-27 18:29:29

On IRC the other day, Mr. Desert Angel (or Dessert Angle ?) sent me a patch
for KProgress that allows changing the way the text is displayed.

Previously, KProgress would only show "n%", where n == current percentage
complete.

This allows the user to do KProgress::setFormat("%1 %2 %3"), where:
%1 is replaced by the current percentage complete.
%2 is replaced by the current value.
%3 is replaced by the maximum value.

This means you can have something like:
"Copied %2 of %3 files (%1% complete)"
-> "Copied 16 of 32 files (50% complete)"

Of course, you're not likely to want a string as long as that, but at least
you now have the capability.

For example, within Empath I can now do:
progressMeter->setFormat("%2 of %3");

This will be very useful when downloading messages from a pop3 server.

Is it ok to commit this ?

Notes:

* Two methods are added:
    void setFormat(const QString &)