List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    RFC: odbc configuration of KDE 2.0
From:       "J. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Prei=DF?=" <j.aubertin () gastro ! de>
Date:       1999-12-26 22:34:39

Hi
I just read the sourses of the odbc configuration part. It seems to be
just a wrapper for all the unixODBC stuff, so the underlaying functions
are, well, not as practicable as they could be. For example, the
functions to read configuration files are reimplemented and do not
depend on, lets say, KSimpleConfig.
I tried to reach the author, Peter Harvey, but he wasn't reachable, so I
decided to rewrite the tool, now using the kde lib. In the first step,
it is only an application, but it should be changed to be part of the
kcontrol in the future.
I would have published it, but I don't remember the page where this was
described, so my rfc is: will it be better to use the old way, means
odbcUnix, or redesign the sources to have configuration classes and may
have a KOdbc class to use it in the future?