List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: is there any style guide for the config files?
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () suse ! de>
Date:       1999-12-26 12:52:04

On Sun, 26 Dec 1999, Cristian Tibirna wrote:
> Hi
>
> Which of these is correct? (e.g.)
>
> focusPolicy=smart
> focusPolicy=Smart
> FocusPolicy=Smart
> focus_policy=
>
> KConfig reading isn't case insensitive. This is traditionally
> correct, but sometimes confusing in absence of a "style guide".

There is no policy for this. If you can find a dominant style in the
currently existing config files we can adopt this as the "recommended
style". I don't think this is very important though... as long as the
one who writes it uses the same name as the one who reads it.

It would be nice if there was some better documentation about which
application uses which option and what the meaning of these options is.
You might be able to generate a script which extracts this information
out of the source code. (The developer would have to fill in the
description himself of course.)

Cheers,
Waldo