List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Solvable problem with pop3 kioslave (Was Re: Unsolvable problem with pop3 kioslave.)
From:       Don Sanders <dsanders () cch ! com ! au>
Date:       1999-12-24 23:47:24

I fetched the new pop3.cc, and have been testing it for about 50 minutes. I have
been unable to reproduce the problematic behaviour. Normally (7/8 times) I could
reproduce the problem within 2 minutes. So it's likely that the problem is fixed,
which is fantastic!

Thanks for the help Waldo and Dawit, and thanks for the great present Waldo!

Happy 25th December everyone,
Don.

On Sat, 25 Dec 1999, Dawit Alemayehu wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Dec 1999, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > >
> > > Thanks for the code. I agree that the while loop should terminate
> > > after not receiving a response after a set amount of time.
> > >
> > > The thing that I can't figure out is why command responses are not
> > > being received when using the kioslaves but are being received when
> > > using mimelib.
> >
> > The while-loop with select is incorrect. Select modifies the fd_set's
> > so you should fill these sets in each time select is called.
> >
> > I have patched this in CVS, if you can test it?
>
> Hmmm... the select man page is at best ambigious then.  It only
> states that you need to worry about the timeout values after each call to
> ::select and not the fd_set's.  BTW, did you also make sure that it does not
> loop forever just in case the server does not respond ???
Yes, I believe Waldo has done this.

> I am asking because I
> have been unable to update from CVS for the past few of days :((
Shame, I was able to update an hour ago.

BFN.