List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KWin hacking
From:       Mosfet <mosfet () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       1999-12-23 15:48:00

Geert Jansen wrote:

> Mosfet wrote:
>
> > Yes, I did. In general I prefer QXEmbed as well but the applets need to
> > be able to dock and undock and thus need to be able to XReparentWindow
> > themselves several times. QXEmbed isn't good for this. Are you having
> > problems with the current code?
>
> Yes, there is one problem: DND on the docked windows doesn't work. The Qt
> embedding protocol does support this, but XReparentWindow doesn't.

Ah, yes. I forgot QXEmbed forwarded the XDnd stuff.

> It should be possible to use QXEmbed for the docking, and XReparentWindow
> for undocking, giving both multiple reparenting and DND.

I would have to look, I'm not sure what's going on with the event
handling. If you want check it out and see if you can add undock and
redock methods. If so I will use it, otherwise I will try to hack
something up when I do the undocking in kicker.

mosfet@mandrakesoft.com
mosfet@kde.org
mosfet@jorsm.com