List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: Strategy for integrating the Nana debugging library
From:       Mirko Sucker <mirko.sucker () unibw-hamburg ! de>
Date:       1999-12-21 19:09:27

David Faure wrote:
> As long as they don't compile with NDEBUG, even if the debug output
> is turned off, they can use the new program I'll make (a separate program
> for the current kdebugdialog), turn the debug output on, reproduce the bug,
> and send you the result.
As I mentioned in a previous mail, this is the same for Nana. compiling
without -g AND without -DWITHOUT_NANA will compile the Nana statements
in the code, and by defining a default guard for the messages the
messages may be turned on and off at runtime.
But I hope there will be the possibility to get rid of debugging code at
all in final releases. So simply, do not define WITHOUT_NANA for the
compiler.
Greetings,
--Mirko.
> I'm thinking of a global flag (in the config file and the config app)
> to turn debug output off, to save time (compared to looking for the debug
> area first...). What do you think ?
> Perhaps that would allow to release without NDEBUG ?
Both should be possible. End users will not usefully report bugs,
anyway.
--
Denn der  Mensch  liebt und ehrt den  Menschen,  solange er ihn
nicht zu beurteilen vermag, und die Sehnsucht ist ein Erzeugnis