David Faure wrote: > > On Sun, Dec 19, 1999 at 09:22:49PM +0100, Dirk A. Mueller wrote: > > On Son, 19 Dez 1999, Mirko Sucker wrote: > > > > > - implement the kdebug-based message handler for Nana logging output and > > > > Well, this sounds like inverse logik to me. From what I've read up to now, > > the Nana logs seems to contain the source file name and line from where the > > logging was called > Even when compiled without debug info ? Yes, it uses preprocessor statements. Nana lacks one main feature of kdebug, the debug areas. So there are two ways of integrating: ° rewriting a part of nana or wrapping it to support areas - lots of work ° redirecting nana messages in the kdebug buffers - nearly no work BTW, adding file and line number to kdebug statements is a matter of seconds, see a file of KDE 1.1.2, AssertDialog.cpp (I think, search for evaluate_assertion), where I did it. Should be a good idea, anyway. > > It seems to be more reasonable to do the opposite - make kdebug a subset of > > nana. ... > I think we should forget about making any relation between kdebug and nana. > They are two completely different things. > kdebug is for verbose debug output, just checking where I am and > what the values of some variables are. > nana is for assertions, and any other kind of checks. Nana remains independant from kdebug. Its message handler is defineable, that is what I will do. We need integration of it in KDE anyway. It is a matter of taste, in the end. We may simply forget about the messages from nana, too. Greetings, --Mirko. -- Denn der Mensch liebt und ehrt den Menschen, solange er ihn nicht zu beurteilen vermag, und die Sehnsucht ist ein Erzeugnis mangelhafter Erkenntnis. (Thomas Mann)