List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: Strategy for integrating the Nana debugging library
From:       Mirko Sucker <mirko.sucker () unibw-hamburg ! de>
Date:       1999-12-21 17:47:18

"Dirk A. Mueller" wrote:
> > nana is for assertions, and any other kind of checks.
>
> nana can also do simple debug output. kdebug is just a subset of nana IIUC.
Ahm, lets say Nana and kdebug share a common subset of functionality :-)
> > The first one produces a lot of debug output, that's why we need
> > debug areas
>
> Yeah, but debug output in a "finished" app is bad style imho. KDE 1.x
> produced sometimes megabytes of ~/.X.err debug output, which is a bad thing
> imho.
In finished (released) code logging and assertions gets removed by
macros. Completely. Even with the current kdebug. In KDE 1.1, some
kdebug-lines used the wrong kdebug function and remained in the binaries
even when compiled with debugging turned off. This ambiguity has already
been removed, so it should no more happen.
Greetings,
--Mirko.
--
Denn der  Mensch  liebt und ehrt den  Menschen,  solange er ihn
nicht zu beurteilen vermag, und die Sehnsucht ist ein Erzeugnis