David Faure wrote: > > > David Faure wrote: > > > > > > > > The problem with using any of this is that it still takes time > > > > if turned off. > > > I'm thinking of a global flag (in the config file and the config app) > > > to turn debug output off, to save time (compared to looking for the > debug > > > area first...). What do you think ? > > > Perhaps that would allow to release without NDEBUG ? > > Can't we just make kdebug a 0 macro with NDEBUG? > Sure we can (and it's the case currently, even in my draft), but if we do > that > then a developer can't ask a user "please turn debug output on", like > Torben pointed out. That's what I wanted to address... > No, NDEBUG should really spend 0 time for debug, not even checking for a flag. But all these snapshot users shouldn't use -g for debug output Greetings, Stephan -- When your memory goes, forget it!