Hi, On Sun, 19 Dec 1999, Waldo Bastian wrote: > On Fri, 17 Dec 1999, Antonio Larrosa wrote: > > Hi, > > > > I'm thinking that there could be a problem with the new design someone > > (coolo?) proposed for kio. > > If I'm not wrong (and to put it simple), there's a daemon and it forks for > > each kio command, isn't it ? > > If so, there could be a problem with dial-up connections. > > It seems that the resolv.conf file is only loaded by libresolv on startup > > of the application (in this case, when the daemon is run, or perhaps when > > the first kio_http child is forked, I don't know, but it doesn't matter). > > > > The problem is that kppp (and similar apps) change the contents of that file, > > so it should re-read it after the change, but this cannot happen unless you > > restart the application. > > > > Well, I should say that I don't know much about all this except for > > what comes in the wwwoffle FAQ (question 3.2), so I may be completely > > wrong with this. > > This is solvable. We just need to flush (kill) our io-slaves when a > change in online-state happens. The only thing we need is a portable > way to get to know about changes in online-state. This is being > addressed by NetMgr and friends. Well, is it that easy? I dial in with isdnctrl dial ippp0 on my SuSE, since I hate automatic dialing. But isdnctrl does for shure not tell th kio slaves to restart ... Bye Torben > Cheers, > Waldo > >