List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: toolbar icons
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-12-20 3:54:18

#if Torsten Rahn
> [...] The border around should measure 2 pixels on each side.

Is there a good reason for this that I missed ? Why not paint to the edge ?

> [...] Many people already told me that they would like to see the
> Netscape/Corel-like look for the Konqueror-toolbar instead and I agree
> very much on this wish.

Ok, but is it a good idea to saturate all toolbar icons with a single
shade ? Whatever colour you choose, you'll clash with someone's colour
scheme. I vote for good old grey. (BTW, my house is decorated in various
shades of grey :)

IMO think the Corel icons look like they were drawn in someone's
lunch break. I hope you're talking about the monotone look rather than
the technical excellence ;)

> [...] 2) greying out/ desaturate the toolbar-icons on mouse-out. This would
> have to be done by the programmer as providing two different pixmaps would
> be too much work for the artists in an OpenSource-project. [...]

Um, 'convert' from ImageMagick will make greyscale versions of all icons
in 1 minute :) But there's little point in doing it when desaturating
them via code is so fast and we save a lot of storage space.

Cheers,
Rik