List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: dcop interfaces, standard ?
From:       Bernd Gehrmann <bernd () physik ! hu-berlin ! de>
Date:       1999-12-08 17:34:51

On Wed, 8 Dec 1999, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> You misunderstood me. I definitely agree that using DCOP for general IPC
> is cool, stable and fast (and HEAD shows that). I have not a single doubt
> about that :) . But my argument about instability was referring to
> full-fledged embedding (merging GUIs, providing an interface for changing
> the GUI elements dynamically, etc.) .

Fine. Can we then come back to the original question which was
a generic interface for opening/saving files and so on? :-)
Where is the trader documented? How do I find a running instance
of a certain servicetype? If I start a service, how long do I
have to wait until it has registered with DCOP, so I can begin
to issue DCOP commands? How can I associate servicetypes with
mimetypes?

Bernd.