List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    RE: Viewing .desktop files in kdesktop - take 2
From:       David Faure <David.Faure () cramersystems ! com>
Date:       1999-12-08 14:18:13

KDE

> > > Me neither. So we implement Torben's plan and Kurt provides a script?
> >
> > The flaw in Torben's plan is "a)". See "take 3". Changing language will
> > revert to a generic name, for any desktop file created from a template.
> Why shouldn't change the name removing all pretranslated entries? They
> are wrong then anyway.
Yes, that's Waldo's idea as well.
Note that KConfig doesn't allow that currently. AFAIK.

But the other problem with this is the inconsistencies it brings,
between konqueror and kdesktop, and in the properties dialog box.

> > Why not simply name the file after the Name field when copying it on the
> > desktop ? After the file is copied, no more hacks. Renaming works as
expected,
> > changing language
> > doesn't screw up, ....
> >
> Hmm, not convinced that works :)
Well it does, but it looks strange if copying the file from konqueror...
Hacks always lead to strange behaviours, that's why I'm against hacks.

--
David Faure
faure@kde.org - KDE developer