List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: dcop interfaces, standard ?
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-12-07 18:10:20

I think that when one applications wants to use another one,
it should use KParts (the next one) and load the other app's shared lib,
instead of using DCOP - for the same reasons that we dropped CORBA.
And KParts provides open, close, save, ...

Of course if you are talking about scripting, then this doesn't apply :-)
You don't really say what those DCOP interfaces would be used for.

--
David FAURE
david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org